Calvary Chapel has been a faithful partner of Compassion International for many years. We believe whole-heartedly in their vision and mission, and invite you to prayerfully consider joining the ministry of Compassion through one or more of the options below.
Our Bolivia Compassion Project build is underway! The construction project to build a Compassion Child Development Center and church in Bolivia has begun with an estimated completion timeline of 12-15 months (spring/summer of 2024).
Here are the details:
- The church will be located in the municipality of Sipe in the Quillacollo province of Cochabamba, Bolivia.
- This is a rural community of 5,390 people living in spiritual and economic poverty.
- Specific challenges: Most homes have a single room and families tend to be large. Local parents work long hours in agriculture and children are typically left in the care of older siblings. The little income that is earned by the parents is wasted and not used for their children or basic family needs. Community health is compromised due to the lack of a sewage system. The health of children is especially at risk.
- Church plant name: Iglesia Bautista Roca de la Fe. Their sending church, of the same name, is 15 miles away and is committed to the success of the church plant. They will be in close contact and provide guidance and encouragement to the church plant through frequent visits.
- Church planter: Pastor Romulo Hurarachi. Pastor Romulo has 20 years of leadership experience and is recognized as a faithful teacher. He is especially gifted in leading youth. He is married to Gumercinda and they have children.
- The church has land that is secured and ready for construction. Our investment of $80,500 ($75,188 for the build and an additional $5,312 that can be used for enhancements) will provide the core structures which usually include:
- Large meeting room/sanctuary for 200 adults
- Kitchen/food preparation space
- Sanitation facilities or latrines
- As construction progresses, church leaders will identify 150-200 eligible children and register them with the center. Calvary Chapel Cheyenne will be given the first opportunity to become child-sponsors for these children, thereby strengthening our partnership with the ministry of Iglesia Bautista and the community.
Compassion uses a scale of 1-10 to rate "readiness" of this church plant. The in-country Compassion staff give this project a "10" because it is a mature church with a well-defined vision for children's ministry with a focused effort of meeting the pressing needs of hundreds of children and families in this area.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed so generously to this endeavor. Your generosity will be life-changing for the children, families, and Jesus' church in this area. Please stay tuned for more updates as the building project progresses over the upcoming months. God is so good!
Over 100 children are currently sponsored by individuals and families of Calvary Chapel. Over two-thirds of these children are from the Cochabamba region of Bolivia, an area that Calvary Chapel has determined to focus our sponsorship and outreach efforts.
You can join us in sponsoring children from this area of Bolivia by clicking the link below. You will be redirected to Compassion International where you will be able to view children awaiting sponsorship from the Cochabamba region of Bolivia.
Thank you for prayerfully considering child sponsorship through Compassion International!